Room , KT1 2EE, Kingston upon Thames
5 Jul 2017 6 a.m. – 7 Jul 2017 midnight, Kingston University
Political Economy Research Group (PERG) at Kingston University, Kingston University Rethinking Economics (KURE) and the Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG) are organising an introductory workshop to Post-Keynesian economics and Political Economy. The aim of the workshop is to give interested students an opportunity to learn about alternative approaches to economics beyond the neoclassical mainstream. The program:
Wednesday, 5 July, 9.00am - 7.00pm
· Engelbert Stockhammer, Kingston University: Post Keynesian Economics, Introduction & overview
· Jo Michell, University of the West of England: Money in the Economy: A Post-Keynesian Perspective
· Ozlem Onaran, University of Greenwich: Aggregate demand, income distribution and the causes of unemployment
· Panel discussion: Post Keynesian Economic Policy
Thursday, 6 July, 9.00am - 7.00pm
· Simon Mohun, Queen Mary University: Introduction to Marxian Political Economy
· Antoine Godin, Kingston University: A monetary theory of production. An introduction to SFC modelling
· Ewa Karwowski, Kingston University Development in Post Keynesian and Marxist theories
· Panel discussion: Financial stability, development, socialism: What does it mean for economic policy?
Friday, 7 July, 9.00am - 5.00pm
· Gary Dymski, Leeds University: Post-Keynesian and Marxian Approaches to Economic Policy: Can Global Capitalism be Tamed?
· Student working groups preparing questions for the Concluding Panel
· Concluding Panel: The state of Political Economy and progressive economic policy. Open questions of the workshop
· Rethinking Economics Challenges and achievements. Panel discussion on student initiatives and heterodox economics with Rethinking Economics London, Rethinking Economics Kingston, Reteaching Economics and lecturers from the workshop
Please forward this to interested students.
The full program can be found here: http://fass.kingston.ac.uk/downloads/PERG-Conference-2017.pdf
The registration page can be found here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-introduction-to-post-keynesian-economics-and-political-economy-2017-tickets-33001915618
Ewa Karwowski, Kingston University, John Smith, Kingston University Rethinking Economics (KURE), Engelbert Stockhammer, Kingston University, Rafael Wildauer (email: email@example.com), Kingston University, Gary Dymski, Leeds University